Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Turn Up the Heat


At 211 degrees water is hot. At 212 degrees water boils and can power a locomotive. One degree. One degree is all that separates normal from extraordinary. A seemingly insignificant thing, one degree. It has forever changed how I look at my own life. The idea of one degree has forever changed how I live, work, and succeed. One degree- an idea that shows me that to get what I want I have to go above and beyond what I’ve ever done before…I have to turn up the heat!

Going from normal to extraordinary takes focus, belief, perseverance, and a good attitude; it’s not easy but, believe me, it’s worth it.

Focus: Continuous effort is the key to unlocking our potential

Belief: What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve

Perseverance: Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall

Attitude: It is the ability to open our eyes and minds where limitless wonders are discovered

The cool thing about this concept is that it applies to everyone. It applies to the stay at home mom, the farmer, the scientist, the farm broadcaster, the doctor…no one is exempt from this concept. The New Year is often about resolutions, second chances, and new opportunities. So, my challenge to you- turn up the heat! Don’t quit when the going gets tough, in fact in those instances remember that one degree separates normal from extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment