Monday, June 20, 2011

Daddy's Girl

It’s no secret that yesterday was Father’s Day. When I think about Father’s Day I think about my dad and the impact that he has had on my life…and the only thing I can say is I am truly blessed.

I have no idea why God has blessed me with a dad who is passionate, hard working, and truly inspiring. Anyone who knows my dad could tell you that the three most important things to him are: faith-family-farming. My dad is my toughest critic and strongest supporter, and I don’t know where I would be without his constant love and support.

I think dads in agriculture are great examples for their children. They teach us the importance of working hard, being honest, pursuing our dreams, and never giving up. The one thing I would say that stands out for men in agriculture is their drive and determination. The forecast can look absolutely awful, markets can hit rock bottom, tractors can break down, and, to be honest, the sky could probably be falling down but they refuse to give up. They are determined that the crop will be planted, cows will be fed, grain will be hauled, hay will be put up…and nothing will stand in their way.

As a young person I am grateful to have grown up in an environment where I was able to learn these valuable lessons. Life is not always going to sunny with no rain in the forecast…sometimes it is going to be cloudy with a 90 percent chance of thunderstorms…but I’ve learned that’s okay. I’ve learned that regardless of the situation, I have the power to create my desired outcome…and I owe this to my dad and the other dads that have influenced my life.

Father’s Day is an excellent reminder to be thankful that we have men in our lives who set excellent examples for us to follow. I have and always will be a daddy’s girl, and I am so grateful that my dad pushes me to go above and beyond, and encourages me to pursue my dreams.

To all the dads out there: Thank you for your persistent dedication to the agricultural industry. Thank you for encouraging your children to pursue their dreams. Thank you for everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment