Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mom of the Year

We all have those people in our life who are with us through thick and thin, the good times and the bad…and in my case each and every day of my life. I am fortunate to have a lot of people in my life who get me through, but one of the most prevalent is my mom. I can call her whenever I need to, which is typically four times a day, and she is always willing to talk me through my life or just listen as I rant about my day. Anyone who knows her knows that she will go above and beyond to help you out, and no matter how busy or stressed she may be there is always a smile on her face. My mom is my go-to person, editor, and best friend!

Usually I send my mom a copy of my blogs before I post them, so she can tell me if they are post worthy…but not this one! My mom never gets the recognition she deserves and there isn’t enough time to tell her how grateful I am for everything she does. I call her my editor because she literally takes the time to read everything I write before I turn it in or post it. Someday I plan to add her to the payroll…I just don’t know when that will be.

The intent of this blog is #1 to say thanks to my mom for everything she does and #2 to remind everyone of the importance of mothers in agriculture…and just in life.

In my opinion mom’s are the glue that hold the household (or farm) together. Their willingness to help wherever does not go unrecognized. Most of the time they are the first ones up and the last to go to bed; and their days are jammed packed trying to keep everything running smoothly. We could all learn a lot from a farm wife/mother. In my own case I honestly don’t know if I will ever learn everything that my mom could teach me, but it is my sincere hope that one day I can be half the wife/mother that she is.

If you are a mom and you are reading this let me just say THANK YOU! Thank you for your dedication to agriculture, and most importantly your family. There are no words to describe how much you contribute to the advancement of our industry.

To my mom, best friend, and editor- Thank you so much for everything you do. Your love and support mean the world. And the boys and I aren’t joking when we say you win the Mom of the Year Award every day of every year!

I know that Mother’s Day has already passed, but I think that our moms deserve to be thanked more than just one day a year. If you are able, call your mom and say “Thank you!” Without them our industry wouldn’t have a future!

No comments:

Post a Comment