Monday, December 31, 2012

Year in Review

With 2012 drawing to a close, I have been doing some thinking about the past year and the challenges and opportunities I faced. 2012 was a year full of lessons learned, so I thought I would share my top three.

Top Three Lessons from 2012

  1. Take chances. When I set off for my three month adventure in Milwaukee, I thought I was crazy that there was no way I could do it. But I did. As I look back, I am so glad that I took the chance to try something new. I had the opportunity to gain valuable work experience, meet great people and I grew a lot as an individual. What seemed like an impossible feat, taught me that I can do anything I set my mind to.
  2. It's okay to compromise. Stubborn is a word that is frequently used to describe me. No, it's not my best attribute but I'm working on it. This year presented me with numerous opportunities to learn the importance of compromise. As the boy frequently tells me, "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might get what you need." So often we think that we have to get everything we want, exactly when we want. My question to you, to myself, is why can't we learn to work together to come to a common solution? Why does a solution to a problem have to be all or nothing?
  3. Love life. Life is too short not to enjoy. No matter what the circumstance, I have learned things could always be worse. 

I'm thankful for the lessons I learned in 2012, and I am looking forward to the many lessons that 2013 has in store. I hope that 2012 was a great year for you and yours!

Until next year,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment