Monday, January 28, 2013

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...Sort of

The last 24 hours have been interesting, to say the least. Cancelled flights, delayed flights and flights that leave minutes before you arrive at the gate (breathless after running across the entire airport) were common occurrences yesterday.

It's funny because no matter how well you have something planned, you have no control over the weather and no say as to when a plane will take off. So after spending too many hours in the airport yesterday and spending a short night in Minneapolis, I'm at the airport to try my luck again today.

I'll admit, yesterday there were a few times when I got frustrated...then I remembered that I'm not in control. That reminder helped me to smile when I discovered I'd missed my flight by mere minutes and that I'd have to wait until today to arrive at my meeting.

So often we let one bad situation ruin our entire day, but why? Yesterday was a prime example that smiling in the midst of not-so-ideal situations helps to make the hours pass more quickly.

Yesterday was plagued with several unideal situations. Despite that, I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with my best friend and I'm getting a blog post done. See, good things do come from bad days! I hope that when life throws a curveball your way, you endure it with a smile on your face and the knowledge that you aren't in control.
P.S. I'm headed to North Carolina to attend a Bayer CropScience sustainability conference. I can't wait to share some of the things I learn when I return!

Until next week,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment