Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thankful for the Occasional Breakthrough

Papers spread across the table, country music playing on the radio and my pen frantically jotting down my thoughts...today I felt like a college student who let that paper deadline creep up on me, which I assure you I never actually let happen in college!

With the deadline for the next issue of the North Dakota Soybean Grower magazine a mere two days away, I don't even open my calendar anymore for fear that my giant 'to-do' list will grow each time I look at it. It seems that the closer the deadline is, the worse my writer's block gets...but today I finally had a breakthrough. I got through an entire article this morning, am going to put the finishing touches on a second article and I will even get my weekly post done before noon, well it's pretty close anyway!

Writing for the magazine is my favorite part of what I do and it amazes me how a few words can completely change the tone of a story. I'm also amazed at how, even when I'm writing about the incredible agriculture industry, I still encounter writer's block! I'm thankful for the opportunity to highlight our industry, even when it gets stressful.
A scene that is so reminiscent of my days as college student. 


I hope that your week is going great! If it's anything like mine, I'm sure that it has had its fair share of challenges but hopefully you've had a of breakthrough or two.

Until next week,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment