Saturday, May 3, 2014

It's About the Journey

Today I was prepared to be productive and finalize the second chapter of my thesis. Unfortunately, after eight hours of reading books and numerous articles all I have to show for my efforts is two lousy paragraphs and a messy desk.

As I was packing things up, discouraged and frustrated, I was reminded of this quote:

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow. -Mary Anne Radmacher


Life is full of days where things don't go as planned, but that shouldn't get in the way of you accomplishing your goals. Don't let a setback deter you from chasing your dreams. Life is about the journey just as much as it is about the destination, and I can assure you the journey will be filled with potholes, traffic jams, dead-ends, and detours along the way. But all of the experiences build character, and I promise the destination will be worth every curve ball thrown your way.

If you've experienced a frustrating day, week, month, or year, don't give up. Take heart knowing that tomorrow is a chance to try again. Don't lose sight of the destination, but remember to appreciate the lessons learned along the way.

Despite feeling defeated and frustrated, I can assure you that I will be back to work on chapter two again tomorrow.
 Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment