Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Living Life Intentionally

It seems like I'm asked about my plans after graduate school on a fairly regular basis. And to be honest, I don't know the answer to that question. There are so many things that I want to do that I can't pinpoint one specific thing.

People say your 20s are supposed to be the time of your life - time for you to figure out who you are, what you want to be when you "grow up" and a chance for you to establish your own beliefs. I'm only 23 so I don't know a lot about being a 20-something, but here's what I do know. While my 20s may be a chance for me to figure out who I want to be and what I want to do with my life, I refuse to let these years pass by without carefully considering the decisions I make. I want to live my 20s intentionally, with clear goals of what I hope to learn in the next seven years. I want to take advantage of these "golden" years, knowing that the choices I make will have a powerful impact on determining who I am and what I will contribute to this world.

Are you a 20-something who is trying to figure out what to do with your life? That's great! I encourage you to consider what you are passionate about, what motivates you and what you want to be remembered for. I challenge you to be intentional with the choices you make, the organizations you're involved in, internships and jobs you apply for, and even the people you spend time with. The choices we make during this time will have a profound impact on our future - personally and professionally. Don't let these years pass you by without letting them mold you into the person you are meant to be.

So while I don't know what I want to do after I graduate yet, I can assure you that I've set some goals for things I want to accomplish and learn before I turn 30. I am also planning to make more intentional decisions regarding my future. I hope you'll join me on my journey and make your 20s some of the best years of your life!

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals." -Henry David Thoreau


Until next time,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment